`

21 October 2011

Runny egg and salmon sandwich

“The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."


I really did not find any better way how to call it :). Ideas always welcome! 
No pig committed to this breakfast but the chicken was definitely involved!
Maybe I am repeating myself already, but I absolutely love breakfast. It's like that time in the very beginning of the day that can set a tone how the rest of the day is going to turn out. Sometimes when I even run late, I still must sit down at least for five-ten minutes and savour the food with a cup of good coffee.
It's already turning into a tradition to make something new for weekend breakfasts and yet to find something simple enough to be made on any working day morning. This is one of my favorites!

Ingredients (breakfast for 2):
* 2 ciabatta buns with black olives
* 4 eggs
* Cream cheese with herbs
* 100 g Smoked salmon
* 1 Tomato
* Salt and fresh ground pepper



It's easier than easy and can be made in 10 minutes max.

Cut the buns in half and toast on the pan with a bit of butter.
When it's done, I always spread the cream cheese on it while still very warm and set on the plate.

Cook the eggs sunny-side up. I cook them in a non-stick pan and don't use any oil nor butter and cover with the lid, so the egg white gets firm while the yolk is still very runny.

Slice the salmon and the tomato. Layer those on the buns. Put the eggs on top when they are done. Sprinkle salt and fresh ground pepper to taste and enjoy :)



Bon appetit!