`

11 March 2014

Buckwheat, spinach and quail egg salad

Sunday brunch - is my happy place!

Meant to be breakfast, but by the time I was done with taking photos of the plate, it was around lunch time and needless to say - I was starving by that time.
I have been quite aware of what I put on my plate and in my mouth for quite a long time now, but lately I have started watching my food even more closely - substituting some of the ingredients with even healthier products, eating more vegetables, fruits and grains. These constitute about 70% of my diet. 



Gradually the chicken eggs in my fridge were substituted with quail eggs, instead of putting butter on my buckwheat porridge for breakfast, I use high quality extra virgin olive oil and of course the list could go on and on and on, but I will leave that for the future posts.
Here we have a very simple dish to make. I still have some of the balsamic vinegar reduction in the fridge from last week and the day before I had boiled more buckwheat, thinking about using it for the brunch on Sunday.

And so the only thing left to prepare for the dish is boil the quail eggs. I like mine somewhere between runny and soft, so boil them for 2,5-3 minutes. While the eggs are boiling, fry the buckwheat in the pan with a bit of olive oil. For spices I used tzatziki. 

Et voila! All is done. Toss the buckwheat with spinach, add the quail eggs and serve drizzled with balsamic vinegar reduction.





Bon appetit!