`

16 September 2015

Quiche with tomatoes, goat cheese and rosemary

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"

Precisely my point! My favorite meal is breakfast - midweek or weekend, doesn't matter. Weekends usually turn out to brunches, nevertheless, the first meal of the day is the best. Honestly - after having a good breakfast or brunch, I can skip the rest if necessary, but I can never ever skip breakfast! That said, I should have so many ideas and recipes up my sleeves, but sometimes I circle around all kinds of omelettes or simply - omelette with mushrooms and spinach. And then, when wanting to make something different, I'm stuck in my head.
Recently invited friends over for a Sunday brunch. I cannot even describe how much struggle I had at first trying to think of something. Maybe one reason is that I've had quite a few brunches with those friends and trying to think of something new was a challenge. My usual way out - get to the grocery store or farmers' market, go look at what is fresh and suddenly ideas are popping out like crazy! This time the trigger was farm grown tomatoes and goat cheese. So - quiche!
Quiche was the main hot course of our brunch. On weekends I do go beyond usual quantities of food, so yes, brunch does include starters as well. Will leave those for later!

Ingredients:
* 8 eggs (28 cm pan)
* Goat cheese
* 2-3 fresh tomatoes
* A few rosemary sprigs
* Grated parmigiano
* Frozen dough (no yeast)
* Salt'n'pepper

Let the dough sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes when taken out of freezer. For me it's long enough to be able to shape it and line the baking dish. I've employed dried peas as weights - have those separately for cases like this. On top of lined dough, line parchment paper, pour peas in the middle and bake at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes (or as instructed on the packet).

In the meantime, beat the eggs with salt, pepper and any herbs if desired. 

First layer over baked dough - sliced tomatoes, sprinkle some rosemary. Second layer - sliced goat cheese (or crumbled), more rosemary. Pour over the eggs, a bit more rosemary and top with grated parmigiano. Into the oven for 30-35 minutes. Et voila!

I love love love the combination - fresh tomato, goat cheese and rosemary! It was gooooood :).


 Bon appetit!